Pages

Monday, July 9, 2007

July 9

FUEL:
730: Sweet Mung Bean Soup; Tortilla Chips w/ FF Sour Cream (thin layer makes the chips taste deliciously tangy and creamy and brings out the saltiness of the chips)
930: Go-Lean Crunch
1100: Rest of the Go-Lean w/ a bite of bread
1130: Bigelow Green Tea w/ Peach
130: Salmon; Sweet Potato Fries; Vegan Triple Chocolate Cupcake
400: Walnuts
700: Salmon; Corn & Peas & Onions; PB Sandwich; 2 Vegan Cupcakes; Nectarine; Cucumbers; Walnuts (seemed like a good idea at the time...)
900: Tortilla Chips & FF Sour Cream
1100: Dark Chocolate

Oh dear, it's always like 2 steps forward, one step back. Except the steps back are probably equal or greater than the distance covered by 2 steps forward.

I know enough from experience that I can't purchase oreos anymore, and I've stuck to that faithfully. I think I may need to institute a policy for dark chocolate as well (N was awed by my wrapper collection- ppl collect wine labels and dark choc labels)- only as toppings, not as food themselves. If I want them, go through the trouble (but also enjoy the delight of choc chip pancakes).

Perhaps I should really decide on delayed gratification rewards, instead of "I might go to WF this weekend and get a theoretical something." Okay, this is very delayed, but this week, I'm going to save up for Zen Palate's tofu almond pie. Soooo good.

Pictures of sporty heroes are inspirational, too. The cover of my fitness/nutrition guidebook has Lance Armstrong, Misty May & Kerry Walsh, Michael Phelps, and Mia Hamm. The back has ultimate heroes from my own team. Another inspiration: Sydney Bristow.

FUN:
Stayed up until 2:30 with craziness w/ N (prob b/c of all the dark choc I ate)- looking at scrapbook, giving her choc, introducing her to the ultimate team; reminiscing about the past's fun things; bothering her; oh, long debate about Russian supremacist art (and how one particular one looked exactly like our guest room's floor while I was working on the scrapbook, with bits of colored paper and paper shavings strewn about... seriously), which unlike I first thought, had nothing to do with race but of the most highly evolved art form, which I consider to be the most highly devolved- she's doing her senior thesis on it while I chose the effect of epidermal pigmentation on something and something (I can't believe I've forgotten... maybe transmittance?) in skin phantoms for photodynamic therapy

No comments: