Pages

Monday, July 2, 2007

GEAR GUIDE: Camelbak Backpack




I LOVE ME MY CAMELBAK (well, it's a Jansport, I think, but like Kleenex is used as a synonym for tissue, Camelbak is used for hydration packs.)

Hydration Bladder:
I've never actually used the hydration bladder (why couldn't they come up with some other term for it? haha), which is made by Nalgene, by the way. I'm afraid that I'll contaminate it the first time I use it, and I don't wanna buy those expensive cleaning pills, and I'm not certain of how well you can clean the tubing and bladder with detergent or something. I haven't really had a reason to use it, anyways. It's only necessary if you're doing really long-distance trail running or something (long like 8+ miles - anything shorter, suck it up and just finish the run- it'll make you tougher). With hiking, yeah, maybe, but then you'll probably have lots of other gear, too, and then the pack being on your back will make wearing a Camelbak too impossible, and you'll have a pack to hold a Nalgene anyways. And with going to a sporting event to spectate- kinda pointless- it's not like your hands are occupied or anything. Well, maybe if you don't wanna potentially lose your water bottle. People, should try to avoid bottled water, in my opinion, though. First, it's a waste of money- it's bottled tap water! Second, it's killing the environment. Reuse a bottle, or get a Nalgene- you should be drinking a lot anyways, so go for the big one.

Backpack:
Perfect size! My friends will attest that I wear it everywhere- I even go to the dining hall and leave it on, since it's so small that I need not take it off to sit just fine like it wasn't even there. They may also tell you in secret that I look like a dork, but I tend to not care so much about those things, haha. I don't bring too many books around campus, so I just need to stick that one spiral-bound in there and run out the door. And the smallness of it makes bolting out of the classroom once we're dismissed a cinch. I love it! And it's orange :)

No comments: