Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

GEAR GUIDE: Stability Ball


My Chair:
Mine doesn't get used too much. It's mainly used as a chair after workouts when I want to refuel but don't want to get real furniture nasty. It does feel strangely good to sit in it- strangely because it's really good for posture. Some suggest replacing your chair at work with it, since its instability activates abs more, so you're exerting yourself a little while you sit and unknowingly improve your posture.

Better on Body:
With some exercises, it provides the support you need, like with side crunches. With the stability ball between your knees, it doesn't hurt my legs as much.

Stretching:
At a spin/abs class, the instructor had us do some great leg/back stretches only possible on the ball. Felt good.

Stability:
It does provide a more effective workout, I think, and you can feel the increased crunch difficulty when you use the ball, not only on legs or whatever else but on the normal crunch muscles too.

Little Use:
Probably not the ball's fault. My plyos mat is at school, and here, I have the gym I can use so that I don't have to do abs on my carpet, so I stick with that most of the time.

No comments: