Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2007

GEAR GUIDE: Fleece Jacket


Perfect for climate-controlled performance, the Burton Indy 500 Fleece has many features designed to keep your body at a steady and comfortable temperature.

- The collar part comes up to keep your neck warm. The neck and head are the biggest heat-losers (that's why if you're overheated in the summer, the best thing to do is put a wet towel around your neck - it's b/c much of your blood's passing through that small area, so you can access it easily), so this is really helpful. It's also a nice guard against chafing by my black bookbag, which I wear while I run. It's often packed full of stuff that I'll have to carry for 3.25ish miles, bounding around, making me have two lines rubbed raw on either side of my neck by the time I get home. That's a problem in the summer, so I have to hold down the straps at the bottom of my bookbag while I run. In the winter, though, I'm protected by Burton Fleece.

- The cuffs have zippers, which is great for mannual temperature regulation. It helps a lot to vent out excess heat when I'm running in cold weather. The regular front zipper's great for that also.

- The fleece itself is warm. It's thick but doesn't leave you too hot - just nice no matter how cold it is.

No comments: