Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Jun 27

FIT:
A nice, relaxing time at home... sleep and World Cup mania. Refreshed for another week of work!

Today, after speeding home, I stopped by the grocery store to get some fresh food (ended up being chips and fruit) for the week. I realized that my left leg being I headed out for the treadmill. I discovered that propping up my left leg on the dashboard while driving for a couple of hours can put some pressure on your knees, as I started walking again. It was fine by the time I left the store, though.

After dropping off my stuff, went out to the treadmill. The bike session on Thursday ended up taking a loooong time to recover from. My TA's were soooo sore yesterday, but they were better today. Didn't have any issues running, although I could feel that my tummy had a lot of blood diverted to it for digestion, since I just had a Skinny Cow ice cream bar and pasta salad right before the run. Without that, I think I could've gone longer, but given the discomfort, 3.1 in 24:42 was okay, and I'm still fresh for a hopefully good week of running next week. I was glad just to not have issues today in this first run in 4 days.

So that was 3.1 in 24:42, 7:58 ave. 82 degrees, in a cotton tee (ventilated, b/c it's an XL or something that I cut up), sox. Iced afterwards, while catching up w/ a friend on the phone. Splits:... boring...7:59, 8:00, 7:59, 0:43. I was surprised to be able to hit 7.5mph from the start, considering the time it's been since my last run and the TA soreness yesterday.

No comments: