Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Jun 21

FIT:
A strange night. Could't sleep, my mind was going strange places. Second night in a row, up til 5. Surprisingly, not that tired today... even less tired than normal. I was probably up because of the long naps I took during the day. I need sleep, but apparently not that much, or not in nap form.

During my sleepless night, my body had kinks in it, but somehow, the 2.5 hours or so that I got made it all go away, and today, I felt really good and so ready for either a LR or a good sprint session. I set out for a LR, figuring that long stretches of free treadmill were rarer, and that if I could, I'd take advantage of it. I optimistically wanted 10, which wouldn't be that smart, since I haven't run more than 7 since late April. I did 6.2 instead. Not bad. It was a rigorous workout. My right leg wasn't pushing off smoothly, but I came through with minimal damages, it seems.

6.2 in 51:46, 8:21 ave. I realized when it was 6.1 that I probably thought 6.1 was a 10k many times this year. Oh well, I did it right this tme. Splits> 8:27, 8:30, 8:29, 8:22, 8:24, 8:07, 1:23.

Wore n3's w/ arches, sox. Had a shot blok before and about 3/4 a bottle of water throughout. Drinking was a little easier this time. Instead of dumping into my mouth, I squeezed the bottle as if it was a bike bottle, and it was quicker and less splashy.

Since my shuffle died again, I've been listening to podcasts as I fall asleep from my cell phone's music player, and I've been watching tv as I run. My favorite running tv is discovery channel / natl geographic type shows, and not dramas or clip-types (funny videos, competitions with many different contestants) or sports. Sports are probably second, but for some reason that I haven't figured out, scientific documentary types are the most consuming.

No comments: