Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nov 11

FIT:
I slept 10+ hours last night.  Luxurious.  Overnight, my swollen, a bit poundy legs recovered.  Sleep = recovery.  I need to do it more.  Like magic.

I felt good about being able to hit today's 6 without issues, since my legs were a lot better after the good night's rest.  My inner left ankle had a little achilles tendinosis going on at work, but... either I ignored it or didn't notice it during the run. 

The run went fairly well.  My right butt feels a tad numb now, the right TA was a little screamy during a couple (only a couple) of extensions, and my right TA got a little numb during the last couple miles when things got fast.  But no show-stopping issues. 

Progression run.  6 is about right, since I plan to hit 26.8 for the week as it is, and I don't want to go any more than that.  I'm icing now.  The last couple miles were tough cardiovascularly, maybe largely from a side stitch I got on my left lung b/c I ate microwaved romaine right before the run, and it was digesting.

6.2 in 49:53, 8:03 ave.  Splits> 8:24, 8:17, 8:07, (25:37), 7:56, 7:50, 7:47, 1:27 for 0.2.

Icing now.  Gotta get recovered for Saturday's 16.6.  Maybe rest tomorrow, to be safe.  Maybe bike... eh, most likely, PT.  That always helps things feel good and seems to keep injury at bay.

My Shuffle died a mile in, so from mi 3 onwards, I counted down the miles in 0.05 mile increments... helped to pass the time.

No comments: