Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jul 6

FIT:
At work, trying to knock out one task after another.  Just push through it.  Head down, run through it.  I needed a real run afterwards, for reals.  I craved the old feeling of going on a LR and just flowing for a few hours.  Oh man, miss the feeling.  

The 5 hrs of sleep on top of 4 hrs of sleep the previous night didn't help.  When I struggled with ODing on chocolate 4 years ago, I asked my friend to do something like give me a sticker each time I had a day where I didn't OD on chocolate.  I think I may need to start giving myself stickers or at least a little check in my running log next to days where I sleep 8 hours... ok, maybe 7 hrs. 

I want salt right now.  Too bad I threw out my pickle juice a few weeks back.  I guess I could do salt water.  I don't want to have to eat goldfish or peanuts to get salt.  I do have salsa... maybe a giant pinch of salt on a single chip loaded with salsa. 

Just did a run.  I had REALLLY wanted to finally do a LR, after going for over a month since my last LR, which was a month or two after the one before that.  Why is it so hard? 

It was in the 80s.  Went to the park.  Wore my old Asics Gel Evolution 3s, and they felt GREAT.  It's good to change things up shoe-wise.  Started slow, knowing my intentions, but my knees could use a strength session.  It's been a week and a half.  They were getting a wee bit poundy. 

Plantar fasciitis was different today... maybe duller pain, but more persistent.  I think that's preferable?  Dunno.  We'll have to see.  I should roll it out on an icy bottle, but it's messy and I'm lazy.  I want salt.

5.2 in 46:41, 8:56 ave.  451 cal.
I've gained a couple of lbs - lack of LRs and lack of speed sessions.  It's okay.  I'm not in racing season.  It'll naturally go back down once I'm training again.

Splits> 6:42, 6:38, 6:38, 6:41, 6:40, 6:40, 6:39

No comments: