Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Sep 6

FIT:
Chugga-chugga-chugga. Couldn't really think of a good made-up word for today, but I do feel like I'm just chugging along, trying to lay down miles mechanically. Running's not like a joy-inspired act right now. I do enjoy it, but there's an element of having to stay on track and not falling off pace.

I got them in today, in the form of speedwork. Last week, it was about slow miles, just laying down a foundation. I don't want to lose my speed, so I had to give my leg a little snappy session. 4.5 in 34:09, 7:35 ave. Pretty good!!! It felt hot in the room, too! And I wasn't even going all out. I did a mile warmup in 8:14, then 6x[quarter at 9mph (6:40 pace), quarter at 7.5mph (8:00 pace)], the another 0.5mi at 8:00 pace to cool down. That cooldown is where I could've gone faster, but I had extended the length of my usual intervals by a mile (including the "jogging" portions), so I wanted to manage the risk and build up gradually. In the past, it wasn't straightforward and equal quarters, so they're not comparable, so I can't say that I'm any better now than before, but this definitely went well. My right hammie is a bit off, but nothing I'm too concerned about at this point. It's one reason to cut the workout off there.

I wore 1224's w/ areches, sox, mp3 on the right, tread 1 degree.

No comments: