Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feb 27

FIT:
8.6 in 1:12:24. Sadly, 2 min slower than last time (Jan 9). Why... it was 23 degrees that day but 46 today (was still a bit hot in the bra). I wore soccer socks that day (compression). I think both were significant factors. I think I'll be wearing compression socks race-day. It felt quicker and easier, though. I think that's just because I'm getting used to the course, and because my body's adapting (although not enough for a course PR). Oh well, a good run nevertheless. 8:25 pace... good. That's about my goal pace... going at that pace... 1:50:17! And the race won't be hilly... but it'll be hotter... boo heat!! And holding it for another 4.5 miles... a challenge, but I should be there in 2 months. Good.

Splits> 8:45 b (vs. 8:49 last time), 5:59 p (vs. 6:02 last time), 7:16 c (same as last time!), 7:09 p(vs. 7:21 last time), 6:04 b (vs. 6:00 last time), 13:57 c (vs. 13:21 last time... okay, some of the gap is explained by the fact that I was talking on the phone while running for this leg... so the 2 min may not be that bad), 8:05 p (vs. 7:15... phew, slow - again, phone), 15:07 (vs. 14:46). Ok, then, not bad. Most of the slowness is explained by the phone.

It was nice to be able to pull off a second long run within a week. This is a good sign. I almost feel like I'm back in my groove (being able to do this distance a couple times a week). I'm still lacking on the endurance side (doing 14-16's one every other week), but once I make runs like this more regular, I'm sure those will come. It's like base-building #2. So happy that #1 was a success.

Injury report: rt butt was aggravated for a while towards the middle of the run, but it got better. Had some mean blisters on my arches. Wore old 3's w/ Stab.

No comments: