Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Feb 17

FIT:
Running... less desirable now. It's like I've been in a holding pattern for a while. Not much more mileage than in Jan when I started being more consistent. Haven't pushed paces that much either. I guess it's okay if you think of it as base building, getting ready for some shooting up later on. Can't count on too much of that, since long runs need to be built up gradually. We'll see. I have about 2 months left, and let's say I can handle 8 now if I push... adding 5 over 8 weeks seems okay.

Today, 3.1 in 22:19, 7:12. Started pretty fast from the start. I wonder what makes some days easy to start off quick, while others take building up. Can't think of any special sleep or eating patterns yet... maybe if I'd check my log... another day. I'm tired. Splits> 7:16, 15:03 for the last 2.1. I thought I could maybe pick it up later on, but I didn't have it in me. Starting that fast maybe had something to do with it, dunno.

Oh yeah, I went arch-less on this run. A 2xBoston-er PT said that I should try either arches with my current curve-lasted shoes, or no arches in straight-lasted shoes. I had been doubling up arches and last when I wore the 1224's in the past, but I decided to give his advice a try today. It was kind of remarkable how cushioned it felt. Pronation, to a certain extent, is a good thing and allows your foot to do what it was made to do. So it felt better than usual. Maybe if many miles are logged like it, issues would develop, but for the 3.1, it was fine. I can probably increase the distance done arch-less in those over time.

Breathed hard, couldn't breathe deep enough... wonder why I've been having that issue lately.

Admirable:
Downhill skiers. It takes guts to zoom down at frightening speeds and then to handle having your skis ripped off as you get clobbered by the ground coming at you at 70mph and to get up and walk away. Wow...

No comments: