Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Feb 20

FIT:
EHS trail @ 11am. Wore 3's w/ Stab and soccer jersey. Splits> 9:17, 9:21, 9:05, 9:03, 9:07. Interesting that I started slowly. Like I mentioned before, I want to try to figure out what causes slow starts. Stayed up late last night (and somewhat late other nights this week), although I did sleep in some and laid in bed for a while.

Knees were getting a bit bangy by the end, so stopped the run at 5 - risk management. Maybe I'll need to just start pushing through it anyway, if I want to make it in April. Sadly, increasing mileage increases injury risk, so as you push towards the goal, you risk losing it all. Hmm... marathon dreams are great, but right now, my mileage is more suited towards completing 10K's. Shorter distances like that would also allow less training time, which is a benefit, when you're waiting for your turn on the treadmill night after night. Not as much excitement, build-up, epic-ness (and medals) with 10K's, though. We'll see.

I had been wondering why my calves seemed perpetually sore, and I have a guess. Since I've been concentrating more on forefoot landings, that's been stressing my calves? Sounds reasonable, and it's one step towards building up for barefoot running.

No comments: