Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feb 21

FIT:
I ran 4x this week, which is more than usual, so as much as I wanted to run today, I didn't. Reasons to run: 1) beautiful weather... so nice it would've been too hot, and 2) a CM half "teammate" ran 9 yesterday, and I was exhausted after 5. I haven't run 9 since May of last year. But that spurs me on, haha.

The way things are going right now, I'd run out of gas by 45-60 min, because that's as long as I've been training, and that's all my body is used to, so I know I have to somehow condition myself, even if it's not running. So I biked today. 100 min... 1:40, which is 5 away from my goal time, which actually may be 10min faster than what I reasonably can accomplish on a likely hot day.

So the biking was fine - 22.0 mi in 1:40, burning 750Cal. I ate 1 Shot Blok at 45 and another at 1:30... seemed good. I won't be eating 30-Cal bloks on the run, b/c they're harder to chew, though. It was nice to have water right in the bottle holder to drink - had 1 Dasani over the ride. These carbs need water to go down with it to help it digest and all go down. With 100Cal Gu's that I'll use race-day, I can't follow that pattern as easily... although at a higher effort level, 100 may very well be needed per fueling.

It was hard to walk after getting off the recumbent bike, though. Don't know how triathletes do it. Your legs get locked in a certain movement pattern, and it's hard to loosen them up.

No comments: