Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jan 20

FIT:
Despite feeling a bit unstable in the legs this morning, I ended up feeling a bit better in the afternoon, so I ended up doing the BM Pyramid, with a water/walk break in the middle, but with jogging. It took about 40 minutes to complete. I ran a total of 5.1 miles, we'll say, with 2.25 of it being at sprint effort. To recap, a BM Pyramid is 4x100, 3x200, 2x400, 1x800, and back down, with jogging in between - no stopping (I stopped today and regretted it after about a minute :( ). What's great is that afterwards, I felt like I could still go on. Those last short sprints made my legs feel leadishly empty on fuel, but jogging was easy. It probably means I could've gone faster on the jogs, but it's a good thing that I'm accustomed to this distance now and can do more.

I'm looking into doing a marathon. The only difference between marathon training and what I've done in the past is the inclusion of long runs, which work their way up from 6-milers to 20-milers. Seems kind of reasonable at first glance (like, I've run 13 and could probably do 20), but then I visualize it and realize that it would involve doing 3 trips to WF/M plus an extra two miles! Yikes! I tried doing 2 once and stopped at 11 miles, but lots ofthat fatigue was probably because I had multiple walking breaks when I was shopping/meeting up with a friend. If it had been continuous, it might've been better. Then again, people often take walk breaks in real marathons as a means so stay fresher. Dunno.

I'd probably go for it, except I don't really have one I could sign up for as that important motivator. None during dead week were closeby.

No comments: