Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jul 25

FIT:
Since walking around a lot while shopping after yesterday's race, my soleus...es have been sore/somewhat strained. Why? Maybe speediness promotes more forefoot striking. It persisted all throughout today. I want to move, though, so I figured I'd get in a nice bike workout, a long effort to make up for my lack of long run this week.

Walking over, I tried a tiny run, and it actually made my soleus and calves feel better, so I went back to grab my running shoes. I ran 3/4 miles just fine and felt good, but suddenly, both knees (left first) started hurting... front stuff. A new kind of knee pain. So I played it safe and switched to the bike.

I went 26.2 in 1:55 and 27.6 in 2:00. I drank about 2 bottles of water and had 4 Gu Chomps (Cranberry Apple). They're good, and less super sweet than Shot Bloks. It has 100% Vit C and E per 100Cal serving of 4 Chomps. I had them about once every 30 minutes, starting from minute 0. I wore a cotton tee (that got soaked), sox, and the Progrid w/o arch supports.

During the last 15 minutes or so, I got to watch the end of the final stage of the Tour de France. Without it, I probably would've quit early, but what an exciting thing to watch while biking. My soleus was still sore afterwards, but no major issues during the bike. Had to be careful at times when thing startedcreeping up, but it went well overall. Good workout.

No comments: