Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Jul 10

FIT:
Much catching up on sleep last night... 10-11 hrs, plus a nap later on. So go my weekends.

After much procrastination, went to the fitness room to get in some miles while watching the 2nd half of the world cup 3rd place game. An exciting match, but I knew Germany would get the job done. Uraguay did better than the other teams did in keeping more men back on D. What if that last one had gone in? Would've been madness.

5.0 in 41:25, 8:17 ave. Oh, I was afraid it was going to be much closer to 8:30, so that's good. The 1 degree incline was very noticable this time... dunno why. That's the first time it's ever been noticeable. When I started, I did have to adjust it down from max incline... like a ridiculous 12 or 24 degrees (I know it's a wide range, but it seemed more than 12, and sometimes, indicators are by 2 degree intervals), and maybe the setting was really on 2 or something. I don't know.

I drank 1/2 a bottle of a 40% tab of the Nathan Catalyst again. No GI issues this time. Felt a little funny in my tummy, but I had let the pill fizz over 48 hours, in the fridge, so that all the bubbles would've popped, and so that it would be cool by my next run. I felt slow. It was a strange run. Smaller strides (smaller in the back side) were easy, and when I tried to lengthen at the same pace, the effort required was greatly increased. I'm not sure how that works. Small increases in pace would quickly sap me of energy. I don't know.

I was sore yesterday for the frst half of the day - the 7er kicked in, even though it had felt so easy during the run. Oh yeah, and today, my knees gave me a bit of trouble, but not the usual kind. My left leg has been giving me more trouble, which is strange, since it's usually the other one. It was more in the IT connected to the knee area. And just connective kinks, not TA issues. Eh, not concerned. Non-chronic stuff I can deal with. I'd try speeding up to use different muscles, but it didn't help that much, and that last mile, I had to walk the line between going fast and not doing damage to those connective whatevers.

Splits> 8:13, 8:25, 8:26, (26:00 5k... slooooow), 8:25, 7:54. It was a "cooler" 80 degrees in the gym today, and I wore Oxysox and 1224's w/ arches.

No comments: