Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jul 15

FIT:
Yesterday, I did the Step CD to try to get som ROM and quad work in, but it ended up being more harmful than helpful, maybe. It's been 2 month since I last did it, and yesterday, I tweaked a ligament in my left knee, I think. Not cool. It was during side squats, where you step to the side onto the step. I think I should've been pointing my lunging foot in the direction of movement, not sideways. It'll probably be okay, but I was kinda scared. The workout helped the pebbles, but they are coming back. My calves are back to the perpetually sore state, and there seem to be single pebbles in the middle of each of them. The Step CD is very arm-heavy, which I don't need, since it'll mostly just hinder running performance if they're too mass-ey. It does have interesting ab and hip moves, though, that are good to incorporate into my normal ab and hip routine, since I've adapted to my normal moves and can do them in my sleep.

Today, I wanted to do an LR, or at least some time this week, since I've been doing about 7mi as an LR weekly for the past month. Today as not the day, though. My inner thighs were a bit sore today, and during the run, my right hammies felt a wee bit strained, so I had to keep it short. I sped up some at the end to work different muscles and to try to keep my hammies from continuing to wear down. It at least felt like it helped, although it might not've been.

5.1 in 41:24, 8:07 ave. Splits> 8:14, 8:15, 8:15, (25:35 5k), 8:12, 7:43, 0:42. Drank about 1/2 a bottle of Catalyst (sounds so much like... something from a lab) and wore Oxysox and n3's w/ stab. I wonder if I should switch to sox, in case Oxysox are somehow constricting me in such a way that it worsens my calf issues. We'll try it. I've been wearing Oxy a lot in the past few runs, since it felt good before.

I also had to keep my feet more plantarflexed today to ease some kind of pain. I don't remember what was giving me trouble. I guess the TA's make sense, but I can't be sure.

Potentially, 9 days from now, I'll be putting my name (and credit card) in for the lottery for the Chevron Houston Marathon. I don't see how I'll be up to 26.2 from my wee 7's right now, in 6 months' time. I guess 6 is a lot, a decent amount. But I've been stuck at 7 for a while. Can't wait for cool weather to return. I've been going at 1 degree tread for so long. It was 83 degrees in the gym today, and it was waaay worse outside, even at 9pm. My stabilizers must be getting weak from lack of use.

FUEL:
I am running up such a massive sleep debt this week. 5 hrs at best, 1 hr at worst. And when you're nearing injury, you especially need sleep's regenerative powers. Aaah, maye this weekend, I'll do a sleep marathon. I wake up super tired, but a hot shower always wakes me up, and black tea helps, with its 1/2 cup of coffee worth of caffine. I use the bag as many times as it will let me, so maybe I end up getting more than that. Not good, since I'm anti caffine addiction. Oh, today, I read about a recent study showing that heavy black tea drinkers develop bone fluoridi...fication because there's more fluoride (like 9x more) in black tea than previously thought. Scary. Boo. I wonder if it's naturally in the leaves, or if it's part of the processing. Will switching to green help? Green's waaaay better, but black's free. Considering 1) my need for Aox, 2) my aversion for caffine addiction, and 3) my desire to have non-diseased bones, maybe I'll fork out the cash to get green tea. Yeah, this ended up being so much about tea that I just threw the "fuel" heading up there, even though it started as a talk about sleep.

No comments: