Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jul 22

FUEL:
Too big of a dinner again before the run: Bacon and eggs (turkey bacon and egg whites, of course), Skinny Cow ice cream bar (the best), Tortilla chips and Guacamole, and Cherries. Not as bad as yeseterday's 1.5 lbs (a guess) of chicken, though, probably because it was an hour before the run, rather than 30 minutes before. And not so much chicken I think I top-load my daily calories too much. I feel bloated eating more during the day, especially because I'm so sedentary during the day. Top-loading isn't the best plan, either. Ideally, I'd be able to be more active during the day, but that probably won't happen.

FIT:
Managed 5 today. Maybe would've done more if time had allowed. 5.0 in 39:59 (hehe), 8:00 ave. Why did I have to look up that average... anyway... Splits> 8:18, 8:15, 8:03, (25:23 5k), 7:52, 7:29. Ooh, a rather speedy last mile. Still a good bit slower than 5k race pace, but getting there.

It was 83 degrees in the gym, but that felt absolutely luxurious compared to how it felt outside, even at this late hour. TG for the gym. Wore sox, 1224's w/ arches. No water b/c I forgot. Didn't know if I'd have drank any if I had it, just for messiness's sake, but I did get thirsty, and running was laborious for the last mile plus. I pushed through that last mile, though. I had intended on stopping at 4.0, but I had gone slowly enough so that I had plenty left at least in my fast-twitch fibers, and it would've seemed like a waste to not keep going and not get a decent workout in. There were kinks in my muscles, and I'm still recovering from the LR, but overall a decent run.

No comments: