Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 6

FIT:
After a strength day 2 days ago and a day off yesterday, I was pretty healed up today and itching to use my legs. I was going to swing by the park and do perhaps a 3er after meeting some friends at Panera, but it started hailing like crazy. I never saw hail in my 20 yrs of growing up, so driving in it and hearing it bang my car was an experience. Anyway, I went home, moped around, stretched a bit, and eventually decided to go to the fitness room before it closed.

I was just going to do an easy 30 min to stay primed for tomorrow's race without doing any damage or using up energy stores. However, it was feeling more like nothing, too easy for any benefit, so I decided to try intervals. Intervals the day or two before races back in HS did wonders for me, and I know it'll be probably (I "know" "probably"???) not nearly as effective due to specificity, but why not?

After a 10min warmup (I was warmed up at 8, my magic warmup #) at ~ 13mph, I did 10 x [1:30 hard (~19mph) / 0:30 easy (~13mph)]. I was just gonna do 5, but I found myself recovered after a/b 25s, so I just added another on each time. Rt butt a bit messed up... goes numb b/c I think a nerve's mesed up there, but no big worries. Still hoping for a hot and slow but effort-ful race tomorrow.

No comments: