Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11

FIT:
Already May... time flies.

And a second or third week of less than ideal sleep. I try, but my attempts at catching up haven't been working out. Ah well.

Took 2 days completely off, and a third day would've been like aaah, so I squeezed in a run before a picnic/Bibl study. 4.3 in 33:21, 7:45 ave. After the sappedness and brokeness my legs have been feeling, I was surprised to feel pretty good at the start. It was cool, and I wore my n3's, Oxysox, sportsbra, with my shirt hanging out of my shorts. Decided to go on the other direction on my usual trail, to shake things up and take advantage of the other side before they paved the last part of it. Yay dirt, boo pavement, except they must've paved it just yesterday or the day b/f. The sides of the path were a bit squishy, and I made ever so slight depressions in the ground where I ran. Kind of a strange feeling, sinking into asphalt like that. It was a/b 60% pavement, 40% sponge overall. Much more pavement than I'm used to, but a little bit won't hurt.

Went out in 17:04, came back in 16:17. Unfortunately, my legs didn't hold up for long, and my rt hammies felt a bit strained, affecting my gait a litte bit.

Afterwards, went to see the Clemson vs. Furman game. Chilly, but fun hanging out w/ AD and her family, chatting while enjoying the game.

LTP:
I can see work stuff creeping into my blog. Like "Long Term Planning"... uh. As long as it's just helping...
Well, this happens to be work-relate anyways. My plan was to run a half in the fall and ideally a full (but probably a half, due to what seem to be physical limitations... a propensity towards injury). Was going to do one in ATL, since it's close, free accomodations, yet big enough for a nice and exciting race, for sure. There wasn't a good one in the fall, though (13.1 seems rural-ish and small, and the ATL marathon hosted by their track club doesn't have its course closed to traffic, so you breathe in fumes the whole time, and its doesn't have the sponsors to put some bang in the race). And so I thought about doing the local Spinx half, which is tiny and partially on the course I usually run, but I think I'd be doing it at least once in my life anyways. And it turns out that this may be best, since I can register the day before, which may be necessary, since I may be out of the country duing the later half of the year at unpredictable times.
So the plan now is to Spinx it if I'm in town. If not, no worries. Then, maybe a Boston Half or ATL in the winter/spring of 2011. Don't see a full as much of a possibility right now, as I try to stretch out my poor, strained legs. Maybe stretching isn't good for strained stuff. Desperate for some change, though.

No comments: