Friday, May 14, 2010

May 14

What a week... banged up but at least sleep's a little better.
Wed night, finally stared to make up the deficit - got 11 hrs. Felt so much better at work the next day. Was super x-sore in my legs at work. Strength session at night, went pretty well, even though it had been 9 days since the last one. Usually do 1/wk for maintenance, but it looks like 9 days may be okay too. Some higlights of the session - 30 tridips (a record by 5-10), and matched the quad dips record with a 45-50-55. Normally, one set is enough for me, but at unexpected times (maybe this is the third time ever), I can handle multiple. Other records were matched, but those happen more often b/c they're my usual stopping points, so no biggie.

Today, it was another 2 days since my last run. Body would rather wait, but my fear factor didn't want to. Yesterday, my left achilles had started roaring suddenly when going up some stairs at work, and it didn't get better til after a decent night's rest. Strange how it started suddenly.

Today, I did 5.2 in 45:47. Did 3x[ERP+school], adding the school portion to my usual 0.7-0.75 mi ERP laps. 433 cal. Splits> 15:02 (1.70 mi), 15:14 (1.73 mi), 15:29 (1.71 mi). WOOOOOOOAAAAH, I JUST PUSHED SOMETHING AND MY GARMIN LIT UP!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW IT COULD, HAHA!!!!! DUNNO WHAT I PUSHED. SWEEEEEEEEET!!! Anyway, 8:48 ave. Slow, but kind of intended that way b/c I knew I'm banged up and just wanted to get some miles in if I could. Plus some decent heat - 82 degrees. Not terrible, especially as the sun was going down, but it still does have an impact.

But in the final quarter mile, my right butt, which developed a big knot overnight after really pushing my weak hip abductor in yesterday's session, finally gave out, and it was painful to try to barely shuffle/limp the rest of the way. Applying as much pressure as I could on the knot seemed to help quell the massive pulled-ness of some strand of something that goes across (rather than up and down) my right butt. Terrible. Good thing it happened relatively close to the finish line, I guess.

Warm ice bath (pool has gotten warm in the heat) afterwards, then icing afterwards.

Appetite's all wacked up. Nothing's very appealing, and my body kind of wants fuel, but I don't really want it.

Lack of it this weekend. For so many weekends in a row, I had stuff going on, and for the first time in a while, I have nothing planned. I used to savor it, the freedom. Now, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. Maybe catch up on sleep some more.

I think I may need a big race to look forward to. I have some good things to look forward to right now, pretty big things, but it's not quite the same.

No comments: