Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17

FIT:
Tried to run today, with more success than expected, I guess.

Rt hip gradually getting better. Problem seems to be mostly in the extensor now... originated in the aductor, but I pulled the extensor while trying to run through the abductor knot.

Sleep seems to help recovery. It's like going into a magic box, and while you're in the box, recovery happens fast, and when you leave the box, you're a fair bit better. I've been appreciating that aspect of sleep much more recently, so I try to sleep when I can, first just to catch up, and also to try to fix myself.

Last night, I did the step CD. Helped to get some blood flow into the knot on my butt, I think. Did a little number on my anterior shoulders, though, during tridips, which I could really feel while pumping my arm during today's run.

So today, I was feeling somewhat better, and since I wouldn't get a chance to run tomorrow, I wanted to try to get one in today. For the first time in a MONTH AND A HALF, I tried the treadmill again. Seems like the apartment ppl don't plan on replacing the magnet, making the treadmill useless, so I brought one from the fridge this time. Only stayed on a couple of seconds, so I looked in a drawer by the fitness room faucet and found a brochure with some tape on it. Carefully peeled the tape off and secured the magnet on the mill. It worked. Sweet.

Wore Oxysox, n3's. Splits> 8:00, 7:41, 7:44, 7:44. Had to back off (and not do my usual neg splits) b/c my hip was nagging too much. Had to carefully make it through the last half mile. Felt really good to run, though, even more than it has been outside. Maybe b/c it's cooler (73 degrees) indoors. Felt good to get my blood flowing and my breating hard.

No comments: