Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Apr 22

FIT:
Last run before the race, done on the day before the day before.

5 loops on the park course, 3.8 mi (not 4 like I've been calculating before) in 29:12, 7:37 ave, 315 Cal acc to Garmin. Splits> 6:05, 5:50, 5:46, 5:46, 5:43. Kind of surprised to get neg splits, b/c I felt like I was slowing down b/c thing were getting tough. My dad came with me, too, and ended up practicing taking pics to prep for the race. He got a new digital SLR and likes to try all sorts of crazy tricks for cool photos.

My rt tibialis anterior was getting a bit strained for the last couple, but nothing too serious. I've heard that short and intense is a good way to taper, so I tried to keep it at a nice 4. Even thought about stopping 4/5 of the way through, but the last lap was mentally easy, knowing that the laps are so short on this course.

Oh yeah, there are thorny vines in the woodsy part, and I got spiked the first time but jumped over it the other times. A thorn stayed in my sock, though, to be painfully disovered later.

Wore OxySox... seem very good, I'll go with them for the race. Slippage was not an issue. Shades and the Shadowpak, bra. No visor, despite the sun. Wanna simulate race-day situation. I was thirsty a bit before mile 3. It was 76 degrees, so I may not be as thirsty on race day.

No comments: