Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Apr 11

FIT:
5.6 in 43:15, 7:43 ave. 76 degrees, so it was a good chance to start acclimating to heat. Wore 50/50 tee, sox, visor, shades. I duct taped my old Flix watch together, so I have a usable watch again. That's good b/c I realized during yesterday's race that the Garmin adds a lot of weight, but the main value that it adds is just the distance calculator. The instantaenous pace is too innacurate to do much good. And since I'll mile markers at the half and will be mostly just going at whatever pace my body can handle that's at or slower than race pace, no need for the Garmin. I'll stick with the light watch.

So today's run went better than expected. I was so tired today, so I napped for about 4 hours after church. I don't know what it is. Maybe the race? Anyway, after the nap, my legs felt fine injury-wise, but they didn't feel like moving. I felt more energetic after dinner (mixed greens and spaghetti), and after letting that digest a bit, I head out to the newly discovered park. I felt good, and the splits kept going down. On the 5th lap, I think my outer rt knee got a bit tweaked, but not as bad as it had been in the past couple weeks. And my left achilles isn't 100%, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday postrace.

The heat wasn't that bad, either. My body felt the strain of the run, but that might've just been due to the effect of yesterday's race. Thought about going another lap, but I plan on doing an 8.6 LR in 2 days, so live to run another day.

Splits> 6:25, 6:18, 6:12, 6:06, 6:06, 6:08, 5:57. I think I did a good job of keeping the route consistent today, although I stopped the watch and re-started a couple of times due to dogs, so these may be off by a couple of seconds, but in any case, the numbers look pretty good.

No comments: