Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Apr 13

FIT:
4.5 in 36:21, 8:05 ave. An "eh..." run for a couple of reasons. First, I had meant to leave work at 4pm today after going from 8-4 with working through lunch, but there was just stuff I had to take care of to keep my project rolling, and as much as I had wanted to do an 8.6 LR today and as good as I was feeling (the best I've felt in a while), I just had to stay. After getting it done, I prepped a bottle of Cytomax so that I could use it in what would be a hot run (76 degrees), which would do double duty of letting me try my first sip of Cytomax pre-race.

So off to a late start, I didn't get to the course until 45 min before I was meeting friends for dinner. The course worked out perfectly, so that I'd go to the end of it, come back to the car, and go out to the fountain meeting place just in time. After going just a few steps, I realized that it felt pretty cool, so I left the Cytomax behind. I still ran with my Nike water belt, though, to hold my credit card and keys and a shirt for dinner.

Oh man, I haven't worn my stability insoles in a long time (with the new 3's), and they were digging into my arches for the first half. I guess it was really just stretching my plantar fascia, b/c it felt like what you'd do if you wanted to stretch it out by rolling on it. I guess I got used to it after a while, though. So I got back to the car and picked up a 2/3 full Nalgene, to accompany my dinner. Bad decision, though. It gave my arms a good workout, but I could've done without the extra weight, which gets multiplied by like 3, due to the bouncing of running. Poor knees. It was a long mile and a half to the fountain, but I got there.

Met up with my friends, had a nice picnic in the park.

Splits> 4:35 p, 7:05 c (11:40), 11:30 car, 5:51 b, 7:19 f. My thoughtful friends graciously offered to drive me back to my car after dinner, so that I could avoid the sketch.

No comments: