Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Apr 23

FIT:
My legs wanted to go for a run again today.  And even immediately after the run, I wanted to go for another run.  It alternated being oppressively sunny and delightfully cloudy.  It was 65 degrees, but the sun made a big difference in how hot it felt. My left pinky toenail has a little part that digs into the adjacent toe when I step, so I may need to put tape around it next time.

Splits> 6:25, 6:11, 6:08, 6:10, 6:02, 5:47.  Felt like I perhaps could've done more, and that I didn't challenge myself enough.  But I was getting a bit tired, and this is on top of yesterday's run.

We'll see... maybe I'll do a LR tomorrow before church in the nice cold weather, since it'll get super hot later in the day... a huge temp diff.  Waking up at 6am for a run?  Most likely, I'll reset my alarm and go back to sleep.  But the run is so invigorating... and knowing that you did 13 miles before 9am is pretty cool.  Eh, sleep will probably win.  I've stayed up too late tonight, otherwise it might've happened.

4.4 in 36:46, 8:21 ave.
I felt relaxed/slow enough to perhaps term this a recovery run, or even feel like it was junk miles, since I don't know how much fitness I'll gain from such low mileage at a not particularly fast pace.  Oh well.   My calves are a wee wee bit sore now, so maybe it did something to run on somewhat used legs.

No comments: