Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Apr 17

FIT:
A run... my knees were feeling a bit poundy a couple of times, but it was typically temporary.  I think I may have finally caught up on sleep after a nap today.  I usually take a million naps during the weekend... whenever my dad calls, it seems like I'm being woken up from one nap or another.

I'm excited HP came out.  It's been out 2 days now, and I've played it maybe at least 8 times already, seriously.  I've slept through the second half of it probably 5 of those times, though, just because I was tired.  For a couple of weeks at the beginning of the year, I watched HPs non-stop... I changed it up then... now, it's all #7.  I may throw in a 6 or 1 soon.

6.8 in 56:33, 8:16 ave.  There was a big storm with high winds this weekend, and the short trail part of my loop was completely blocked by downed trees.  I tried to move the trees, with no success, so I had to change it up.  While I was trying an alternate figure-8, I found a much more ankle-friendly path, that was there the whole time.  I'll be going that way from now on.  The downed trees were a blessing in disguise. 

Splits>
8:14 for 0.9 (when I was doing the alternate path exploration)
6:23 for 0.75 (first time on the new path)
6:23 for 0.77
6:12 for 0.76
6:02 for 0.70
5:53 for 0.74
5:59 for 0.77
5:59 for 0.70
5:26 for 0.76 (woah!)

So the average of the new path... 0.743.  Pretty much the same, only now with much less risk of an ankle roll.  Woo-hoo!

I may have to do more hip-strengthening exercise and stretching to deal with this knee thing.  Strange that it has come back, even with this reduced mileage.  I had no issues when I was doing 30-mi weeks with 20-mi long runs.  Now, I don't even do half of that.

My heart felt like it had to work extra hard on this workout.. wasn't particularly fast, so dunno why.  Temps weren't that hot, either.  Eh....

No comments: