Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dec 4

FIT:
Oh, tough week.  Tried to run Thursday, but my inner left achilles was bad and would've just sustained permanent damage if I didn't just give it up.  I biked instead, and that felt fine.  Some rigorous intervals.  10 min warmup, 8x[2 min on, 30s off], 15 min cooldown.  68 degrees, n3's w/ Spenco, Oxysox.

Yesterday, just too tired.  Could've tried to get in the run, but I figured it would make little difference if I waited til Saturday morning.

Saturday, spent the morning reading, a little nap... woke up groggy and had to get in the run b/f an Xmas party.  Managed to get in the 7.0.  Wanted to stop at 6.2, but kept it going, despite the left ankle.  Wanted to keep going for mental training purposes.  Last mile hard mostly due to fatigue.  Dunno.  My right outer hip/butt is a bit messed up again, and the ankle's hard to walk on.  Blah.

7.0 in 56:49, 8:07 ave.  Splits> 8:22, 8:18, 8:17, (25:48), 8:11, 8:01, 7:57, (50:44), 7:38.  Sped it up last half b/c it hurt less that way.

Wonder why I'm somewhat injured now.  Thanksgiving week, I didn't stretch.  Or maybe it was the 20 (on top of a 19 and a 17)... blah.  I could use sleep to recover, but that may not come easily.

No comments: