Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Mile-High Acclimation Run


FIT:
To keep up fitness and acclimate to the ~ 5900 foot elevation, I did a 3.7-mile run in Centennial, CO. It was a bit stop and go after the 25 min mark, since I had to find my way back, but it was about 30 minutes of running. I saw 2 tiny cute rabbits and perhaps a split second of a prairie dog on the grass by the more commercial area. The view from Smokey Hill Road was pretty, with mountains and Denver in the background. The elevation map on MapMyRun is very suitable this time. I don't have an accurate pace, since 30 minutes is totally estimated, but I went out for a 5-mile run at a decently brisk pace. There was a decent amount of grass by the sides of the road. I didn't feel the effects of the elevation, and the hills were okay. They were long, so you just kind of chug along.

No comments: