Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sep 29

FIT:
2 days ago, a strength session... my weekly-ish standard one.  I did 4 Insanity DVDs plus the Fit Test last week, but they work different muscles in different ways.  My abs felt a little neglected.  Insanity also relies on push-ups a lot when it comes to arms, so I wanted to work the counterpart pulling muscles to keep things balanced and to minimize injury risk.  Some exercises were harder than normal because it has been 2 weeks since my last standard strength session.  I think my quads are stronger, though.  I avoided pushups, since I've done plenty in the last week.  My upper back and lower back were sore at work today (before the strength session) from the pushups.

Today, I needed to run. It had been 4 days.  Out of the past 3 days, I had only had 1 workout - the strength session, because I had no time with work, and after weeks of very busy work and little sleep, my body was exhausted.  But I had more time today, so I did an Insanity workout, followed by a run.  I'm still 3 workouts behind... 1 medium, 1 intense, and 1 new one that I haven't done yet.  There's one built-in off day per week, plus the day with the Cardio Recovery DVD that's essentially an off-day, so there will be opportunities to catch up if it works out. 

Today's DVD was the Plyometric Cardio Circuit again... a repeat of the first workout in the plan.  There are 3 sets of 2 circuits.  That last circuit is tough... basketball shooting squats, 5x [4 pushups and stepping it out in plank mode], from plank, bring in your knees to the side of your body and back out with alternating sides, and doing the same but straight towards your chest and back out.  I really have to push myself to make it through that circuit.

The run went well.  I would've been happy with 3 miles, but the Insanity workout was a good warmup and still kept me feeling fairly fresh running-wise, so I did 5.

5.0 in 40:09, 8:01 ave. 
Splits> 8:22, 8:16, 8:09, 7:55, 7:24.

When I woke up this morning, I felt like my body had run out of the adrenaline or whatever that had been keeping me going these past few weeks.  Almost the weekend... I didn't get to really catch up on sleep this past weekend because of other commitments... maybe this weekend... I'd better....

No comments: