Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Raven Rock Trail @ Lake Keowee

FIT:
Yesterday, I went hiking with my parents at Raven Rock trail by Lake Keowee in Sunset, SC.  It was 4.1 mi total, but it was steep... one of the steepest trails I've been on.  My ankles got plantarflexed and dorsiflexed to the extreme, so they were sore his morning.  It was just enough to stress them a bit and make them stronger without doing too much damage, so I was itching to run this morning.  I didn't get out until the evening, though. 

The trail is very diverse.  You go to Lake Keowee, which is very clean and pretty.  There are campsites nearby that I would've liked to try at some point, although I think you have to dig for bathrooms, which is a big downside. 


There were some shiny pebble-sized things in the water, and we were curious, so I went in to pick them up.  They were slate-like, translucent, paper-thin layered rocks.  There were also 6-inch long, translucent green fish who weren't afraid of me and maybe tried to nibble at my feet. 




The trail also went by some creeks, once it leveled out a bit.




So on to today's run...

Glad to get some outside running time today, to take advantage of the cooler weather.  My legs felt pretty fresh.  Not a big number of miles, but that's okay... any is good.

7.6 in 1:00:08, 7:54 ave.  606 cal.
Splits> 6:24, 6:09, 6:12, 6:07, 6:03, 6:01, 6:02, 5:50, 5:46, 5:29.

No comments: