Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sep 7

FIT:
It had been 4.5 days since my last run.  It was too rainy on the first two days.  Normally, I would go out of my way to run in the rain because it cools you down and it's epic, but I was visiting my sister, and I didn't want to get her room all muddy after hitting the trails.  On Tuesday, it was most convenient [and it was time] to do a strength session. Really wanted to but didn't have time yesterday.  But it was going to happen today.

It's cloudy and relatively cool, and it would've been nice to go outside, but I was a little mentally tired and needed a bit of fueling after work, so I had dinner first and did the treadmill instead.  Ah, running.  After a pressure-filled week, and feeling how I felt after the run, I just know how big of a difference it makes.  Whatever little bit of less sleep you may get as a result of running, you make up for it in how good it makes you feel, and how it clears all the pressure away.

My legs get tingly at times and want to move or stretch out.  (My theory is that swelling as an inflammatory response to training pinches your nerves a bit, and that you want to stretch out to reduce the swelling or scratch that little itch-like sensation of the rubbed nerves.)  It happens a lot at work or at Bible Study... at least that's when I notice it.  At work, when I'm walking to or from the bathroom, I often get a strong desire to start sprinting down the hallway to stretch my legs out a bit.

Anyway, it was a good run.  Had to work hard during it.  It was a progression run up to 4 miles, then I varied the pace, going at an easier pace when necessary to just continue through to the 10K mark.  But the pace ended up still being up there for the remainder of the run.

6.2 in 48:51, 7:53 ave.
Splits> 8:17, 7:59, 7:50, 7:45, 7:46, 7:41, 1:30 for 0.2.

No comments: