Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jan 6

FIT:
Progression run on treadmill. 3.5 mi in 25:35, a 7:19 pace. Started at 8:00 and shifted down to 6:50ish by the end. Form was decent, though I could feel the effort my back had to put in, probably b/c I'm more fatigued. Slept about 6 hrs total in the past 2 nights (so about 6 hrs in the past 100 hours). Feel pretty okay, wasn't even falling asleep at work. I slept so much (11+ hrs/day) over break, so my body's well-rested. I don't know how long this can last, though. It catches up eventually. When I get excited about something or am nervous about something, I can't fall asleep, so I just do stuff. I slept 3 hrs one night b/c I was excited about making a mileage counter, kind of like the flip numbers you use to keep score at a volleyball game. The next night, I was up doing stuff for work. Tonight should be a little better. My body can't be particularly happy with me - probably slows much-needed recovery from workouts.

Anyway, back to the run... wore heeled shoes w/o arch supports yesterday... killed. So much pain just to walk by the end of the workday. My knees still a bit banged up - they were super banged up yesterday, especially the left. It's incredible the difference heels and a lack of support makes. Oh, man.

Felt better today back in my normal flat, supported shoes. My knees still felt a bit twingy during the run, but they lasted ok. Didn't ice - already got pretty cold after walking around the pool a couple times to cool down. That's about it. Nothing too exciting today.

2 days ago: 55 min strength, including PT. 300 crunches/side (a record? at least matched), 40/45/30 leg lifts/clam, 60/75s 6in, 35 pushups, 20 tridips, 3:00 plank, billy bands, 70 pillow (left kneee didn't track well), 45 quad dips, 40 calf raises, 4.5 pullups. Highest part of butt (medial) felt banged up today

No comments: