Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jan 2

FIT:
About 4.6 mi in 40:56. My first? group run w/ strangers. This was in Chs, so it wd be a while until I go back, if I did. The others were in their 50s, so the pace was good given my injuries, but if I ever get back, it may be a bit dragging. The distance was on a new road, so it's not available on GoogleMaps yet. Therefore, the 8:54 est pace is a guess.

Since we kind of shuffled along, I somewhat practiced my shuffle step, which should be more glidey and less poundy than regular running. It requires different muscles.

My rt knee didn't track well on the way back - cambered grass didn't help. Boo. And yet, I wanted to finish with a loop on a rubber track, sprinting straightaways and jogging curves, plus some striders. It'll be a long road to recovery. I generally don't like slower paces b/c it feels like the pounding w/o the cardio benefits. It's supposed to be the norm for your runs, though. I don't know. Seems to me like you have to change your stride significantly. Hopefully, that's what caused knee issues. Boo.

I only slept 2.5 hrs last night then awoke to 25 degree temps to run. I wore soccer warmups (more fitted) with soccer socks for bottoms, the RW tee under a long cotton tee under a wicking sweatshirt (which I took off a mile into it, along with my USATF gloves), and a baseball cap on top.

Yesterday: 2:30 plank (didn't do a 2nd b/c my rt knee was too naggy), 250 crunches/side, 2x60s 6in, 40/45 leg lifts, double band (more reps than last time, and w/ no major issues), 40 slow pushups, 10 tridips, 40 superman.

No comments: