Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jan 20

Woah, rough day, one of those where when you're kind of on the other side, you think... 'wow, somehow I survived it'. Anyway, body's kind of banged up, I think due to the barefoot trial and the subsequent run that felt good at the time but probably put further stress on already stressed systems. My left ankle feels sprained, and my rt hip has issues. I don't think it's a coincidence that a bad mental outlook comes when things don't look so good health-wise (joint-wise but also the general burnout feeling and increased appetite). A friend giving his senior testimony back at school once said that he had to ask himself, "Is circumstance my God?" It seems like it is for me too much.

FIT:
Running wouldn't work out, but I was interested in trying the recumbent bike again after I overdid it to the point of knee injury last season. It went pretty well. My right piriformis is knotted now and my left IT band? is tender, but things were running smoothly for about 75% of the workout. I was reading Running Anatomy while I biked - it's nice to be able to read while biking - usually I can only either look at pictures or listen to my iPod while running.

Stats: Lev 9, 15.7 mi, 490Cal, HR range 154-164 (-170 in last mi) ave a/b 159. The HR monitor on the machine wasn't very accurate, I think, but I brought my Garmin, which was far more consistent. I prob should use the HRM more - it's an interesting tool that can give you a lot of glimpses into how you're doing. Not only can you gauge relative effort within a run as you tire, but you can watch the HR required for a set-distance, set-paced run drop as you increase your fitness. Maybe I'll try using it to run from now on.

Did 50 5lb dumbell rows, 15 forward arm raises, and uncounted lat pulldowns afterwards to even things up a bit.

FUEL: Jillian Michaels (youtube her seminar talks), said to be cautious of something that either doesn't have a mother or didn't come from a ground... a cheeto - what's the mother of that? a cheeze-it? I laughed hard.

No comments: