Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jan 14

FIT:
~ 1 mi worth of gait analysis... see the next post for details.
Immediately afterwards, 5 miles at 8:00 pace, for 40 min total. 7pm. Wore Progrid w/ stab, soccer sox, and XC uniform. Felt pretty good function-wise. A few kinks here and there, but would be fine after slight adjustments in form. I was thinking... I've previously mentioned that swinging my hips more would help ease knee pain, and I (knowing nothing), guessed that it may be a result of fixing a bad Q angle. In the midst of trying to increase butt kicks, though, I found myself also doing higher knees, because from a butt kick position, the path of least resistance was to go straight into a high knee position. High knee is good because it produces a powerful drive forward and puts you in a good position to land forefoot in time.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJ7bWJfp64&feature=PlayList&p=BCDE5A19CC21E488&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7 for a very, very informative video examining the good and bad habits in form of the top three finishers of the NYC marathon.

So I finished the run. I stopped at 5.0 because 6.0 total was good. I had energy left and could've done more, but I didn't want to push it, and it's good to have something left for a good run next time. I think my rt leg had started to act up a bit, too, so I wanted to minimize that risk.

Afterwards, a quick ice bath. It hurt to walk the rest of the night due to the half mile+ of barefoot running.

Yesterday, a sad 30 min Strength. Sad b/c it was a rough day in general, and the banginess of my knees prohibited running and made me lose hope. The other day, I had posted on "the Good Life", so inevitably, the rollercoaster shot down.

Anyway, the workout: 200 crunches, 30 slow pushups hard, leg lifts, 2:00 plank leaves knees bangy, 2x30 quad dips, 15 tridips, 60s 6 in hard and shaky. About 7ish hrs of sleep all this week, yet felt very tired/unmotivated at life today.

No comments: