Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jan 31

FIT:
Since I ran yesterday, maybe not the best idea to run again today. Haven't done a back-to-back yet this year. I think I may be able to handle the occassional one now, though. I thought about doing it in the morning, but I was stiff - morning stiffness, I think. That makes racing in the morning hard. I'm always warmest at night and most in the mood for running at night.

Today, 9pm, 5 on the treadmill in 39:14, 7:51 pace. Progression run. Splits> 24:08 for 3, 7:37, 7:28. Wore soccer jersey, sox, 1224's w/ arches. Left ankle had been the one hurting for days (where the peroneus longus connects to the ankle, or maybe the one right under that), but it was the right ankle that kind of got cramped up, as if the shoe was way too tight, but that's not it. Dunno. Wasn't terrible, but it wouldn't bee good over a long distance. Got tired for the last few mi, but I attribute that to the pace and the running (and the Step workout CD) I did yesterday.

I might've had 2 multi-hour naps today. Felt washed out after the 2nd. Needed the sleep.

So that's it for my first month! I did 62.9 mi, an ave of 2.03/day. If I kept this up, I'd hit 740.6 in the year, a bit under my 'reachable' goal of 750, and far from the reach goal of 1000. I'm happy, though, and I think I can ramp it up as I get stronger.

No comments: