Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jan 21

FIT:
A risky (but I was desperate to try) 4.0 in 31:59... an easy calculation - 8:00/mi. Splits> 8:27, 8:11, 7:56, 7:24. Vented cotton tee, soccer sox, 3's w/ Stab. Had HRM on for first 3 mi, but had hard time keeping it on. It was fine on a recumbent bike, but with the bouncing and torso rotation, it slipped too much by the end. While it was on, though, numbers ave'd 180. Weight-bearing exercise can work you harder, although your joints take a beating.

I was able to run, because today, my left foot stopped feeling sprained. My left lower back was strained this morn - usually, if my back has issues, which isn't often, it's my right (from sciatica 3 yrs ago when doing demolition work in NOLA). So no worries, since it's not a chronic thing. I was also able to run because I gave my legs a good massage right before - tibialis anteriors are tender.

About 3 miles in, stuff started hurting, but picking up the pace can help you feel it less. About 9:00 on my left ankle, running up towards my knee, that strand of something is tender, as is my left butt... like 7:30 ish wrt my thigh - IT. I think the two are connected somehow, but maybe only indirectly. Rt leg fine, though. Had to try to run more pronated to make the left leg not hurt.

Tried to bike a bit afterwards to cool down after a bit of walking, but my knees didn't like that. I'll try to stretch well tonight.

Good to run, though. Felt good cardiovascularly.

No comments: