Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nov 20

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuf morning.
Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuf morning.

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuf morning.

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuf morning.


Took a nap after church, then went for my LR.
FIT:
Last night, I peeked at the version of the Smartcoach RW schedule where I would be willing to do 26-30 mi/week.  It adds an extra weekly run (a 4th) of decent distance, and I thought that it also added to the LR distance... I was looking at another week, though, so it didn't really.

The original schedule called for 10, but I thought that the souped up schedule called for 12, so I aimed for something on the higher end of the spectrum.  Just found out that even the souped up schedule called for 10.  Oh well.  I think next week may be tough after my big jump in mileage this week.

I was only partially in the mood to run and couldn't decide where to go, but I went with Falls Park, where I haven't been in a few weeks due to all of the racing.

I had found an open pack of Gu Chomps in my fridge te day before, so I took one before the run.  I started slowly, just interested in getting in the mileage and staying safe the day after a race.  I took in half a bottle of watere + lemon juice + salt after the 2nd of 3 laps.  With 1.5 mi left (after 10 mi), I started having GI issues.  It was unconfortable.  I thought about stopping and just walking the 1.5 back to my car, but after a brief stop with another swig of water, I saw that I could still run okay and made it back.  It was tough.  I slowed down.  That last hill is always tough anyway.

11.5 in 1:39:39, 8:40/mi.  927 cal.
Splits> 8:02 b, 6:02 p short, 7:21 c, 7:14 p, 7:08 b long, 5:56 p s, 7:17 c, 7:11 p, 7:13 b l, 5:59 p s, 7:13 c, 7:11 p, 7:20 c, 8:26 car. 
 
For the next 3 hrs, my tummy hurt a lot.  Very much.  But I took OTCs, and now I'm ok.  I had eaten a super-delicious Detour low-sugar protein bar after the run to aid recovery, but it probably didn't stick around.  3 hrs later, I felt okay enough to eat.  I was hungry.  I had 2 persimmons and tofu plus some tortilla and pita chips.  But it definitely wasn't within the recommended 30min post-run window.

No comments: