Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nov 17 - p

FIT:
I did get the outside run in today.  It was after a nap that I had to drag myself out of, but the sun was going to start setting soon. 

With all of the leaves on the ground, I had to be careful about my steps in the first couple of laps, since roots and holes were hard to see, but I seemed to get used to it.  I guess maybe proprioception and the neuromuscular systems/connections take a little time to warm up.

It was nippy at first but fine within a few hundred feet. 

This week is officially the start of the Runner's World Smart Coach 16-week marathon plan, targeting the March 3rd Snickers Albany Marathon).  It calls for 6 easy, 5 tempo (3 fast), and a 10 for the LR.  I did 5 progression yesterday, and today's 6 was also progression.  I never treated the called-for tempos as tempos last time I did this plan.  I'm doing a 6K race on Saturday, so maybe I will fill in the 7 the next day.  I may be a little beat up immediately after the race. 

Looking back at last year's actuals, I did occassionally shuffle miles around from one run to another, but I hit the weekly targets.  And I did just do a HM, so it should be fine.

Last year's actuals:

I'm doing the same plan this time (again, not worrying about the required paces).  I think it was fine and prepared me well enough.  I just didn't execute perfectly.  I do think I was tired by the end, so maybe I peaked too early.  We'll see how it goes.

Plan, with RW's suggested paces, with actuals so far:


6.0 in 48:20, 8:07 ave.  475 cal.
Splits> 6:27, 6:18, 6:11, 6:06, 6:00, 5:58, 5:41, 5:34

I was tired, and I think it might've affected the run. 

No comments: