Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nov 16

FIT:
It's Wednesday, and it's my first run since Saturday.  My legs were really craving a run yesterday, but the treadmill was going to be occupied up through the fitness room's closing time, and I had work to do anyway. 

Post-race body report:
My arches and ankles were kind of useless for a day or two after the trail HM, but they're okay now, at least they were before today's run. 

I wanted to go outside for the run and get in some miles on the wet park course, since it's epic-y, but I didn't get home from work until it was dark, and that'll unfortunately be the case until some time in the Spring, I guess.  Although tomorrow may be an excepion... we shall se.

My arms go a really good working during the race.  Even within the first couple of miles, they were feeling... not exactly sore, but something similar to sore. 

Today's run:
Treadmill.  For the second time in a row, I forgot to set the incline to 1.  It's because whoever uses it before me sets the incline to something really big, and by the time I set it back down to 0, I forget to reset it to 1.  So I did 4.0 at 0 degrees, followed by 1.0 at 3 degrees.  I intended to do 2.0 at 3 degrees to maybe make up for the 0 degrees, but I sort of had enough after 1 mile and stopped.  I could've done it if I pushed and regretted it a little afterwards, but it's ok.  No need to push too close to the edge at this point.

5.0 in 41:24, 8:17 ave, although the effective pace is something lower due to the 2-ish miles at net 0 degrees, if pacing equivalents are linear like that.  I don't feel like checking.  Close enough.

Splits> 8:22, 8:19, 8:15, 8:16, 8:09.  Good to run again.  My heart wants some more working.  Can't wait to work out again. 

Back to not sleeping much... it was a good two weeks, but it's back to... I don't even know what to call it...  burning off glycogen stores day after day and replenishing over the weekends.

No comments: