Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feb 15

FUN:
Yesterday, got to spend Valentine's Day with my teammates... VF, JS, MB+SB, BB, and DA.  We went to Sorrento, an upscale seafood place that was fantastic.  It was fun talking about travels, how hard it is to describe what we do, where we live/would like to live, etc.  It was a good time and a good way to feel cared for on this day.  I like them.  Good people...

Work's crazy as usual - 4 hrs of sleep last night.  Man...
I don't do anything half-way, and I don't love anyone half-way. 

FIT:
Metric!!!  7.0K in 37:48, 8:41/mi... man, thought it would've been faster!!!   I was pushing it!  Maybe it's the sleep.  Maybe the heat... it was hot.  Maybe it was the not-so-long-ago dinner.  Oh yeah, dinner last night took 3.5 hours.  Whew!  Because of all the talking.  Didn't get back until 11:30pm.  They eat reaaaaaally late in the EU and LA.  I usually eat at 5:30.  So today, I went to the foodcourt so that I'd have time to digest a bit before doing a workout.  I had 2 days completely off, so I needed this.  That's probably my minimum. 

Wore the Saucony Paramount w/ stability insoles, UA calf sleeves, the white Asics singlet.  Watched Nikkita on the big screen while the built-in fan on the 1 degree treadmill blew air at me.  I can't imagine how it would've been if there was no fan.  I think the food played a big role... that and the heat... sleep deprivation is not that abnormal for me.  My tummy right now can feel the food still struggling to digest.  I had a chicken and veggie stir-fry today.  Also got the fruit salad again, for the post-run, although I may not be having that for another couple of hours, since dinner's still being processed.

K Splits> 5:39, 5:30, 5:27, 5:25, 5:21, 5:15, 5:08.  Ah, well, at least it was relaxing... maybe I can be energized to work for a while now.  Blaaaah. 

No comments: