Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Aug 2

FIT:
Since I wasn't banged up, just low on juice yeterday, I was fine with another run today. It ended up being pretty good. 8.0 in 1:07:51, 8:29 ave. Close to the goal 8:23 pace, but I'd have to hold it for more than 3x that distance. Aaaah. I was doing pretty well, still fine cardiovascularly and muscularly. My limiting factor was joints. My right knee was better than it was yesterday, but still only 97% aligned. Towards the end, it was straining to keep all my knee parts together on the reaching out phase of running. Furthermore, my outer left patella had surface issues. Surface isn't worrisome, but it did require careful stepping. Maybe my arches are doing a little too much to offset overpronation?

I had a big dinner again today... too little during the day, probably. But who can eat a lot while just sitting for 9 hours non-stop? I waited longer befoe heading out to the treadmill, though. Listened to the mp3, no water. Wore 1224's w/ arches (I think I like these better than the n3's), sox. Splits> 8:33, 8:34, 8:34, (26:33 5k), 8:34, 8:34, 8:33, (53:07 10k), 8:34, 7:51. Quick recovery cardio-wise, felt like I hadn't done much muscularly. Knees are kinda hot, though, and I'll need to ice to keep down swelling. Good run. Better than I expected.

Splits>

No comments: