Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Aug 17

FIT:
Soooooo tired! 3 hrs of sleep last night, then woke at 4 to work 2 hours, got to work at 8, worked til 7:30. Had to get in a run because of the way my schedule worked out. Work dinner tomorow, race Saturday, family and taper Friday, so Thursday and Tuesday would be my only days to run, with my weekly strength stuck in on Wednesday, I guess. During the whole run, I tried to take a nap. I'd close my eyes as much as possible while still keeping them barely cracked open to make sure I didn't drift too far to the sides or the back of the treadmill. It was actually restful to have my eyes closed. Oh man.

4.4 in 34:47, 7:54 ave. Splits> 8:11, 7:56, 7:55, (24:50 5k), 7:46, 2:58 for 0.4. It was within 30 minutes of a nice dinner of cherries, 75% light cheese, sweet potato fries, and honey roasted peanuts. Nice, huh? I think the digestion slowed me down... makes running somewhat more laborious. Could've also been the record 85 degrees in the gym. 10 degrees hotter in there than outside! I'd rather be outside, but it's more eco-friendly to not drive 6 miles to go running, cheaper, time-saving, and lighting-feasible to run inside.

Wore n3's w/ stab, low cut socks, mp3 on left arm. I was kind of stiff/swollen yesterday. Only somewhat better today. This isn't going to be a high mileage week... 15 at best. No 20. But saving up for next week.

No comments: