Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oct 1

FIT:
Workout-wise, an "eh"... week.  The lack of sleep for the past couple of months was catching up to me.  I did have a 4 hr nap today, and I'm hoping to sleep a lot tomorrow, too, so that I can get back on track.

Yesterday, I doubled up on Insanity because 1) I was physically able, and 2) I needed to catch up.  I'm 4 behind right now, but I have 1 rest day where I could catch up, and I can double up at least on one of the days with the recovery DVD.

The first time I did the Pure Cardio DVD, I thought it was really tough because it was non-stop other than the warmup and cooldown, but it was easier this time.  The warmup is like half of the DVD (20ish minutes), and the cooldown is another 5 minutes, leaving 15 minutes of workout time.  I think knowing what to expect and getting used to the exercises makes it go by more quickly.

The past couple of days, I've been eating too much and too junky.  Makes me feel blah physically.  I don't know how much of doing it is influenced by lack of sleep or the need for stress relief.

I did have a very enjoyable lunch today, though.  I went shopping in the morning.  Then, I had
- Reduced Fat Gouda from Trader Joe's
- Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Green Fin Red Wine from Trader Joe's
- Flatout Multigrain Wrap with Hummus

I took at nap at 2pm, planning to go running before sundown because I didn't feel up to doing it this morning.  I woke up at 6:30, though.  I thought that sunset was still at 8pm, which would leave me maybe an hour of running, which wouldn't be enough for my planned long run, but then I found out that sunset was at 7:15, and it was 6:45 by then, so that wasn't going to happen.  So I was going to end up doing a treadmill run. 

I decided on an Interval workout because I hadn't done one in a month (exactly a month), and if I wanted any speed by the Spinx Half Marathon, I'd have to start building up my interval fitness now.  It turns out that I've lost fitness.  Oh well, it comes back relatively quickly. 

2 mi warmup (normally, it takes 0.5-1 mi, but even after 2 mi, I still wasn't feeling particularly up to it) @ 7.0mph.  3 x [0.5 @ 9mph, 0.25 @ 7.5mph], 0.25 mi cooldown.  Normally, I can do more and/or longer sets of 9mph sessions.  Oh well, I'll get it back.  Even by next week, there should be a noticeable improvement. 

4.5 in 35:01, 7:47 ave.

No comments: