Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Jun 7

FIT:
Back into running.  I've really wanted to run outside the past 2 days, but it's been too hot and dark to run outside.  The heat is okay, but the darkness, I can't do much about.  I've been spoiled by getting to run outside all last week.  I could've run inside on the treadmill, but somehow, my body/mind was too tired for that, but not too tired to run outside.

The treadmill run was good tonight, though.  I started out slowly, as my legs are still recovering a bit from the speed session 3 days ago, but soon, my legs were ready to go faster.

5.0 in 39:52, 7:58 ave.  Splits> 8:28, 8:13, 8:02, (25:32 5k), 7:50, 7:16.  I pushed fairly hard that last mile.  My legs wanted it (at least at first), and I was ready to finish up.

I was tired today.  I've been sleeping at 1am the last couple of nights, since I have a roomie now, and I've been unpacking and trying to keep my apt tidy.   We'll see how long that lasts, haha.

I made a nice pizza for a post-run meal.  Sprouted grain tortilla + marinara + leftover Subway bell peppers, banana peppers, red onions, olives + garlic + 75% reduced fat white cheddar.  Started baking it in the toaster oven during the run, and I finished the second round of baking while showering.  Yes, I may now start to shower after I exercise.  Again, we'll see how long that lasts, haha.

MMMMM...  and to wash it down, water + instant decaf + cocoa powder + Stevia + vanilla extract + cinnamon + ice.

Mmm... good workout.  Legs needed it.  They missed running (after a 3-day drought).

Oh man, I had considered a little bit running at dawn, since I did it in Pton, but I found out that there's a 45 min difference in the sunrise time here vs. in Pton... 45 min!!!  5:30 vs. 6:15... that's a HUGE difference!!!  I had no idea!

The gym was a record toasty 82 degrees, although it felt fairly normal.  I would've thought it was the usual 75ish if it wasn't for the thermometer.  Wore the bulkier new 1224's again, after 2 weeks of going in the Paramounts, Kinvara, and Steeplechase spikes.

No comments: