Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Jun 24

FIT:
Back on the road again today.  I had to take most of this week off from running b/c my legs have been acting up for the first time in a while.  My knees and the surrounding muscles and ligaments and tendons have been hurting a bit here and there, and I think it's due to weak quads.  I don't know why they'd be weak all of a sudden.  I did take 3 weeks off of strength training, which I normally do once per week, but that was a couple of weeks ago, and I had 2 sessions since then.  I also haven't done long runs in forever.  Probably the strength thing.  In addition, the left pad of my heel feels like it has a bruise or something in it.  It's bigger, and it hurts to walk on sometimes.  It's at its worst in the morning, medium during the day, and best at night  Who knows.  May have to ask my PT buddy about that one.  I can check some of my books, too.

It felt good to be back out.  The stress and sleep deprivation of this week has wreaked havoc on my face... super acne.  There are many causes for that, but I'm sure sleep and stress don't help.  Yes, good to be out again.  While I'm running, I don't notice the heel thing much.  The business of work, making exercise hard anyway, made me feel better about missing out for a few days.  I need the rest anyway.  May need to add an extra PT exercise session to supplement my weekly strength session, to build my quad strength back up. 
Today's run, outside, on a cloudy day = cooler.  Yes.  Ran the same number of laps as the last time I did this park, but the Garmin counted 0.2 mi more this time.  This guy is probably the outlier, but I'll still record it as-is.  Good run.  Legs felt okay, thankfully.  Went out much faster than I have been going, too, since it was so much cooler today.

5.3 in 41:21, 7:47 ave, 434 Cal.  Splits> 6:07, 5:51, 5:56, 5:52, 5:53, 5:55, 5:45.

FUEL:
Finally retired the remaining oranges.  There were only about 5 left.  I had eaten 25 oranges and 7 bananas in a little over a week and a half.  No scurvy for me.

After the run, made banana whip for the first time.  They serve it at Bent Spoon in Princeton, but you can make this good for you yet incredible tasting dessert yourself so easily!  So easy a Jen will cook it.

No comments: