Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jan 20 - p

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica



FIT:
5.0 in 40:30, 8:06 ave.  70 degrees.  1 degree treadmill.  It kind of felt more difficult that it should've felt.  I think I'm creeping towards overtraining.  For the pasts few weeks, I've been kind of more apathetic about running.  I used to read running books every day during lunch, but even though I have a new and pretty good one to read (Brain Training for Runners by Matt Fitzgerald), I've been kind of "bleh", I think b/c my body is tired.  I need to be careful, since I'm suceptible to injury especially after such a hard training cycle.  I'm less than a week and a half away!!!  So I really don't need to push very hard now - just keep up enough.  Okay, from now on out, take it easy.  No more fitness gains are possible.  I did good speedwork last time and a decent effort (even though not particularly fast) today... time to rest.  1.5 weeks is a good amount of time to rest... as in, I could just barely run anything and be stronger than ever at the end, due to the needed rest. 

On top of the heavy training, it's been a low-in-sleep week, so my immune system is down, and my coritsol is probably up from stress and emotions... or emotions that resulted from stress.  Gotta rest.  Gotta rest.

Progression run. Gotta rest.  Splits> 8:28, 8:12, 8:07, (25:34), 7:59, 7:43.

My right hip is still off... hopefully, the rest will heal it. 

No comments: