Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mar 28

FIT:
I went to the gym thinking I was just going to bike for an hour. No way was I going to run, since my left achilles has been making me limp for the past couple of days. But... I saw that the treadmill was finally fixed, so I thought I'd try it. Seemed runnable, so I went with it. I sort of made it a speed workout, intervals by distance. Every half mile, I changed the pace. 8:30, 7:30, 6:30, 8:00, 7:00, 6:00. It's like 2 speedups, the 2nd going higher than the first. Happy to say that it went well. My achilles didn't rupture. Time will tell if it was a stupid decision. I think it should be okay, though. We'll see. I'm glad the treadmill's back, meaning flat running surfaces.

Splits for 1 degree treadmill> 8:01, 7:14, 6:34... interesting that overall it went down... I guess you ave 8:30/7:30, 6:30/8:30, 7:00/6:00. Makes sense. Didn't expect/plan it, but that's good. 3.0 in 21:51, 7:17 ave.

Oh man, earlier today, I was thinking, "game plan is to not do anything stupid over the next month", meaning probably no ultimate, as much as I'd want to. There's not just the chance of ankle rolls, but also banging up my knees and hips with layouts. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: