Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Aug 14

FIT:
Plantar fasciitis, plus a related tendon/ligament/whatever-is-on-the-outside-of-my-left-foot popping with each step, a tight right hammie/IT or something.  Results of the race.  Not terrible or unusual.  I just need to recover and take care of myself.  I iced, massaged, and stretched yesterday.  That was good.  I need to stretch again today, especially the right IT. 

I was going to run today, but then I felt the things listed above.  I was just going to take a rest day, which would've been fine, but when I went outside for a moment to make a phone call, it felt relatively cool, and it had just started to sprinkle.  Wanted to run, felt decent enough to try, so I went.

I'll be in Mexico for 10 days starting from Tuesday, which means arduous treadmill runs at altitude.  I'll be lucky to do more than 3.1 miles on a single run.  That's my goal this time.  It'll be interesting to see how my body adapts... 1) how quickly I adapt compared to my last 5-day trip there, when I did 3 runs, each somewhat easier than the previous one, and 2) how my adaptation goes for this longer 10-day trip.  I was kind of wiped out by the last day last time, maybe due to altitude (although I would've thought that the first few days should've been the worst), but maybe due to other things.  Nutrition was okay, with papaya every morning and a little bit of fruit or veg at the other meals, and lots of chicken.  Sleep and stress were better than normal trips, I'd say.  Maybe my immune system was down just from minor whatevers that weren't strong enough to make me sick but were enough to just weaken a little.  We'll see.

Yeah, so, I wanted to get one last outside run in.  Plus, an outside run was necessary if I was to do any running at all today, since my legs didn't really want the impact of a treadmill (and never the road). 

It was good.  Body held up.  Kinks were definitely there and maybe were exacerbated a bit, but the bloodflow will help with other things.  It was good to get my cardio systems working, too.  Always feels so good to feel the effort of your heart... makes you feel alive.

Oh, it ended up not raining while I was out, but it was still good.

4.4 in 36:42, 8:17 ave.  353 cal.
Splits>  6:43, 6:15, 6:16, 5:57, 5:52, 5:37.

No comments: